Although it does not look like it, a horse rope windup is very important and indispensable so that it is recommended to know how to do a rope windup; that’s why here we will show you.
It is good that you learn it since it depends on that you manage to control your horse very well, so you must follow step by step the points that we will mention you so you can achieve a good windup.
The main objective to teach you this valuable technique is that you can take your animal, in this case, your horse, to almost anywhere you want without having any kind of complication.
The content of the article:
- The technique of horse rope bridles
- Steps to make a horse rope bridle
- The function of the head
- The material of the strings
- Types of bridles
The technique of horse rope bridles
The various techniques of making a horse rope windup and all other work done with a rope as the main material are called cabuyeras, which is part of the technique called rope.
Some time ago, it was very common for peasants or people who rode horses to do rope rounds themselves during their free time. The children saw this work and were learning to do it.
There are many techniques and varied models of rope bridles; some require a lot of work and are refined, while others are coarser and not so elaborate. And even, there are other medium terms that do not require a knot.
It can be assured that, since the rope is in good condition or new, there will be no horse that can break it. If you have a new horse, and you try to taming your horse here we share a link how to taming a horse for horse riding?
Steps to make a horse rope bridle
The elements that are in the head of all the horses are built with a single rope, which implies that you should not make any cuts or anything similar.
What you must ensure is that the rope is 6 meters and a half with 6 mm in diameter. It is also recommended that you use the one you sell to climb, as it has good durability and great hardness.
Now, what you must do to perform a rope windup is the following:
- You must make a knot 137 centimeters away, which will make up the cheek on the right side.
- Make another knot at a distance of 21 centimeters from the one you just made. This will be the throat.
- Make another knot 14 centimeters from the previous one. This knot must be 13 centimeters long in a loop, which will be the barbed, and it will even be the place where you anchor the halter.
- Another knot must be made 23 centimeters away from the previous one. This will correspond to the noseband.
- Then, about 25 centimeters from the one made before, you must make another knot. Which will make the noseband number two.
- About 23 centimeters away from the previous one will have placed another loop, which will allow you to get rid of the previous one and join them both with a strong knot.
- Now you must partially eliminate the knot you made in step number two. You will do this by crossing it with the rope, placing them at the same distance and knotting both.
- At a distance of 21 centimeters from the previous step, you must make another knot again with a loop of approximately 8 centimeters in length. This will replace the closing of the head.
- Leave 21 centimeters of measurement and go to the knot that is on the left side of the noseband; You partially undo it and go through the cape. Make sure you tie both well.
- Taking into account the same measure, you have to reach the knot that is on the right side of the noseband. There you perform the same previous step.
- At 21 centimeters away you must also partially undo the knot of the cheek piece made in the first point. Naughty the cape and knot well both.
- As the last step, you finish the head off by cutting both ends in order to have an even result.
Although it seems somewhat complicated to perform this rope windup, the truth is that with some practice and perseverance you can get to do it successfully.
The main function of the horse rope bridles is to lead the horse by handling some reins which the rider will perform. It will depend on the purpose with which the head is needed.
They can be one way or another because each head does a different function. The headings are composed of the following elements:
- The drowning: it is knotted right in the jaw of our horse. Between the jaw of the horse and the drowning one should be able to pass a hand over there.
- The frontalera: is located on the front of the horse and holds the head.
- The embouchure: it is part of the head, it is internally in the mouth of the horse, where bites can be given.
- The noseband: although not so necessary that you have the nod, it is also recommended to have it.
The material of the strings
The materials or plant fibers used to make the horse ropes are hemp and esparto grass. As for the esparto, it is not so resistant. But hemp has been the ideal material for the manufacture of the ropes.
In spite of not being such durable materials, the important thing is that for the rope bridle it is very useful since they turn out to be very soft both for the animal and for the hands of the person who manipulates it.
When the same cords have been used for a long time, they become ductile and soft, they do not burn the hands, even if gloves are not being used; they do not cut and they provide a good grip.
Types of bridles
We will find different types of bridles, among them, are:
- Of winding: they are used when exercising at the moment when the riders are directing the horse from the ground.
- Stable: it is the head that makes it easier to maneuver the horse and tie it.
- Cowgirl: has a flyer that consists of several strips of leather that go over the front of the horse and so frighten the eyes flies.
- Riding: they are for jumping practices or dressage.
If you like this article, please share with your friends and family. And don’t forget to share in your social networks platforms.
Have a nice day!!